Re: Default linker library search paths

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 03:34:30PM -0700, Michael Morrell wrote:
> I'm using a cross-linker and am worried that it will happily look for
> libraries on the host machine under /usr/lib even though they aren't the
> ones I want it to find and won't even be the correct architecture.

It shouldn't if binutils has been correctly configured.  For example,
a ld targetting powerpc-linux but running on an i868-linux host will
only search /usr/local/powerpc-linux/lib (assuming --prefix was
/usr/local).  You can also configure binutils with a sysroot, in which
case a cross ld has the same paths as a native one except that
everything is searched relative to the sysroot.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM