Re: profiling question

Hi Axel,

Is it possible to use gprof as a tool, maybe by changing the Makefile of
the package, that would show me which (compiled versions) of the source files are actually used if I start my scripting language for calculations,
and how long the calculation lasts,

Gprof can show you which functions were executed when you ran your program. From this you can gather the list of source files containing these functions and so work out which sources you need. Gprof can also tell you how much time was spent in the functions, so you work out your calculation times. You will need to compile your package with the -pg gcc command line switch in order for gprof to be able to provide you with this information.

maybe also how much storage space it requires?

Sorry - this is not something that gprof can tell you about.