Re: binutils-2.19.90 snapshot is available

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:09:31PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Ah, yes.  The old "Realize you did something stupid 15 seconds after
>> sending email" scenario.  I was testing the original version of ld
>> rather than the patched version.  This below patch does seem to work.
>>
>> Dave can you confirm?
>
> Dave did you ever confirm whether my patch was ok to check in?  I
> may have missed some email so I'm just checking.

    Hi Chris and Tristan,

  I got the last five days eaten up with a couple of GCC bootstrap problems.
I'll spend today (tuesday) on this but need a few hours sleep first, it
appears to have become 5am.  The fix caused seeming regressions on a couple of
obscure pe variants, most of which look like just perturbations to the the
dump test output; only one (on tic54x-unknown-coff) looks like it may be of
any functional significance.

  I'd recommend committing Chris' patch, and I'll follow on with any bugfix or
testsuite adjustment that might be needed sometime late today when I've had
some time to debug what was going on.

    cheers,
      DaveK