Re: PATCH: PR gas/10637: x86 assembler failed to handle [addr] in Intel mode

>>> "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> 15.09.09 16:30 >>>
>This warning doesn't tell users that they have to change their codes.

Any warning should tell a conscious user to change the code that's
triggering the warning (minus the cases where the warning is issued
in error).

>Also there are no warnings at all when meaning of [] is changed. At
>minimum, we need to warn users that [] isn't what was used to be.

Iirc I attempted to retain this warning, but didn't find a reasonable
way to do so in the new code.

Jan