Re: [gold][patch] add -p/-P options

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> Matt Rice <ratmice@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> notice that the usage of DEFINE_set makes the output non-deterministic,
>> I don't think it'll be an issue, do you guys think otherwise?
>
> Non-deterministic output is not OK. ?Given identical inputs, the linker
> must always create identical output, even on different hosts. ?That is a
> key aspect to testing.

Yeah, was a bad idea, attached is a new patch.

I'd managed to work around it in the -gold- testsuite, but i failed to consider
people who do this sort of testing outside the testsuite, which if i
was thinking,
I would have thought of the guys at the diy-linux.org who do this with
their iterative comparison analysis.

> Also, doesn't the order of DT_AUDIT entries actually matter?  Isn't the
> dynamic linker more or less required to the audit libraries in order?
> Otherwise the possible interactions between multiple audit libraries
> would be impossible to predict.

Yeah, I guess I didn't see this being very useful, the audit interface
allows each audit library access to the same interface, it seems
needlessly complex to make audit libraries interact.  I see it being
used to make 2 separate audit libs run separately... anyhow, doesn't
really matter

2009-09-14  Matt Rice <ratmice@gmail.com>

	* options.h (class General_options): Declare new options '--audit' and
	'--depaudit'. New variables audit_set_, audit_, depaudit_set_,
	and depaudit_.
	(General_options::colon_separated_audit_libs): New method.
	(General_Options::colon_separated_depaudit_libs): Ditto.
	DT_DEPAUDIT.
	* options.cc (General_options::parse_audit): New method.
	(General_options::parse_depaudit): Ditto.
	* layout.cc (Layout::finish_dynamic_section): output DT_AUDIT and
	* testsuite/Makefile.am: Test new options..
	* testsuite/audit.sh: New test script