Re: [gold][patch] add -p/-P options

Matt Rice <ratmice@gmail.com> writes:

> notice that the usage of DEFINE_set makes the output non-deterministic,
> I don't think it'll be an issue, do you guys think otherwise?

Non-deterministic output is not OK.  Given identical inputs, the linker
must always create identical output, even on different hosts.  That is a
key aspect to testing.

Also, doesn't the order of DT_AUDIT entries actually matter?  Isn't the
dynamic linker more or less required to the audit libraries in order?
Otherwise the possible interactions between multiple audit libraries
would be impossible to predict.

Ian