Re: Should MIPS .eh_frame be writable?

Richard Sandiford wrote:

> The relocations are only for the personality routines, right?

Yes.

> If so, then I think we should simply use an indirect encoding.
> I'll do a (gcc) patch.

That's clearly ideal; I wasn't sure if it was possible.  But, it doesn't
solve the problem that there are versions of GCC out there generating
code that results in a read-write frame.  I think it's bad if GAS marks
a section as read-only when it should know that it's not.  Shouldn't GAS
check that it's really generating a read-only frame before setting the
read-only bit?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell