Re: binutils arm/PE issue causing failure on Windows Mobile 6.1+

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 18:38 +0200, Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2009/9/6 Danny Backx <danny.backx@scarlet.be>:
> > I'm forwarding w.r.t. an issue with cegcc (creating WinCE executables
> > for ARM).
> >
> > We've had several reports over the last year, which were eventually
> > tracked down to issues with the PE format exes we create.
>
> I have a patch for fixing IAT size for PE-coff. The issue why I didn't
> posted it was, that the IAT for pseudo-relocation version 1 is badly
> corrupt, and it makes no sense to output size here. For version 2 of
> it, a proper IAT is written, as IAT and ILT have to be equal in size
> and each has to be written as one block, but for pseudo-relocation
> version 1 the IAT can be found all over the executable.

I'm afraid you're way ahead of me. Is version 1 vs version 2 something I
could select as a build option when compiling an application ? Or does
it depend on other factors ?

It must not be as easy as that...

Where can I find info on version 1 vs version 2 ?

Thanks,

	Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info