Re: Binutils 2.20 release schedule.

On Sep 1, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Dave Korn wrote:

Tristan Gingold wrote:

You can commit.
I think I will slightly delay the branch creation as the current
activity is high.

It's going to take all day; I uncovered a minor can-o'-worms. I could do a
paper-over-the cracks fix but the problem wasn't really the linker script at
all, it's that sections with long names don't get the right flags set on them
when they're written out(*).

If it starts to cause a delay, just go ahead with the branch and I'll patch
it afterward, but I don't think it'll be that much longer for the real fix; I
only mention it because I'm going AFK now for a couple of hours.

No problems, I will wait.
There is no real point in creating the branch early if there are many things to put into.

Tristan.