Re: Gold: Testsuite

Viktor Kutuzov <vkutuzov@accesssoftek.com> writes:

> Sorry for a dumb question.
> I'm trying to figure out how to use the gold testsuite for platform-specific things.
> It doesn't seem like it fits well.
>
> Could anyone point me to any existing and working unit test for any platform-dependent reallocation, please?

It's not a dumb question.  There are two ways to approach this.  The
first is to see if there is any to generate the relocation using
ordinary C code.  If so, write a test case in C which verifies that it
does the right thing, or simply extend the existing basic_test.cc.
basic_test.cc tests various different cases, but it does not test
different type sizes.

If the relocation can not be generated using ordinary C code, then you
have to use AM_CONDITIONAL in configure.ac to generate a new Makefile
conditional, and test it in testsuite/Makefile.am to control use of an
assembler test case.

Ian