Re: How to use bits_per_byte (~OCTETS_PER_BYTE) of bfd_arch_info_type in binutils port?

Hello,

>> I know about these architectures, but mine uses ELF so I did not dig
>> too much into them. I am not that much into the binutils and it does
>> not seem like this can be fixed easily. Have you got some more details
>> on where these missing conversions could reside?
>
> Apart from saying they are likely in elflink.c, no. ?I found the
> errors on bfd_set_section_contents calls by inspection when responding
> to your email.

I have yet failed to find the relevant hotspots in the code. Some
changes give improvements in one place, but create a total mess in the
object file in other places. I am doing the Binutils port for a
practical work at University and I am afraid not to have the required
insight into the BFD to fix this on my own. Is there a possibility to
request a fix by a maintainer directly?

Cheers,
Martin