Re: PATCH: support for NEC SX architecture

Dave Korn wrote:

>> bfd/ChangeLog
>
>   Look, I've kept you waiting long enough for this as it is; I'll send this
> now and follow-up with the review of the BFD part shortly.

  I'm working on that now, but I've got one overall question I'd like to ask
you separately about the SYMNMLEN change to BFD.  It's largely mechanical,
sure, but it's still very intrusive.  I wondered if you had at any point
considered the approach of making SX COFF a fully-fledged derived sub-class of
plain COFF in the same way as XCOFF and ECOFF are?  Wouldn't you just need to
override the definition of SYMNMLEN with your own value, then you could reuse
all the standard coff code, and end up with a much simpler patch overall?

    cheers,
      DaveK