Re: Linker version script turning weak symbols into strong symbols

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   Or just define a coding convention that you're going to use a standard
>> prefix for all functions that need this treatment?
>
> We could do that, but it'd put parts of the API into a different
> namespace, so I'd rather 'hide' it behind macros if possible.

  Well, it may be that there's a way to do what you want that I don't know
about.  Given that you're relying on ELF behaviour already for this, maybe
symbol visibility tricks can do what you need, but that's not something I
could answer.

    cheers,
      DaveK