Re: [RFC} Supporting aligned commons in PE.

Dave Korn wrote

> 2) ?Add a new type of statement to the .drectve section, with a syntax such as
> "-aligncomm:<symbolname>,<alignment>". ?This might cause noisy warnings from
> the vendors tools, but I think it's a cleaner interface than inventing our own
> non-approved aux symbol format, so up til now it's my preferred option.

This is my preferred option too, since the vendors own spec
documentation says that the .drectve section is meant to handle
compiler specific features.
I think that other features (eg, visibility attributes to hide symbols
from --export-all) could also be incorporated into .drectve.

I actually starting working up a patch along these lines but real-
(aka making-a-living-) life got in the way.

Danny