Re: Porting binutils to other OS

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
"Alfeiks Kaanoken (MadTirra)" <madtirra@jarios.org> writes:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd libc.so
statically linked
But it has dynamic section.

ldd is just a shell script which runs the dynamic linker. It is not a
reliable way to examine the contents of an ELF shared library or
executable. Use readelf.
yep, I will not use ldd script to look up elf binaries and objects from now, - I'm making a sense on this in linux. thanks.

I'm confused a little bit, because our parser of the ELF binary
(mostly built from existing source code) doesn't find linux-vdso.so.1
- is it ok ?

Yes. linux-vdso.so.1 is introduced by the GNU/Linux specific dynamic linker.

Ian