Re: [gold] "entry in mergeable string section not null terminated"

Peter Baumann <waste.manager@gmx.de> writes:

> FYI: Degrading the error to a warning solved the problem.

Thanks for testing it.

> I also checked the compiler version and its the above mentioned 4.3.
>
> Do you need any further information to fix this problem in gold? I have the
> laptop with me so I could supply you with more info during the weekend if
> needed.

I don't need any more information for gold, but if you have the time it
would be interesting to figure out whether there is a bug in gcc.  The
idea would be to find out which object file wound up at the end of the
section (-M should be able to tell you that) and figure out how that
object file was generated and why the string is not null terminated.

Ian