Re: ARM THUMB_FUNC symbol type ?

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 07:02:55PM +0100, Christophe LYON wrote:
> Maybe there should be a fix in readelf/objdump so that it is more obvious
> to the end-user?

IMO no - we're marking things in readelf exactly the way the ABI says
we ought.  I don't know about objdump though.  Really, I'd like
STT_ARM_TFUNC to just go away; if we want to support it for pre-ABI
binaries we could do it on swap-in/swap-out, like we do for EABI at
present.

> Anyway, my original problem is that I am having a look at the mixed-app
> test (arm-none-eabi or arm-gnueabi-linux), where I observe that lib_func2
> is not of type STT_ARM_TFUNC, while I would expect
> elf32_arm_swap_symbol_in to have set that flag. Using readelf on
> mixed-lib.o says:
>     10: 00000021     2 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT    1 lib_func2
>
> What's wrong?

Not enough information to say - but I agree that it ought to be.
Breakpoint on elf32_arm_swap_symbol_in and find out?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery