Question about the .idata$ sections and their missing symbols

Hi,

a point I am interested in is in in bfd/peXXigen.c. There is much code
about data directory filling which references idata$<n> sections in
post link script. This code seems to be dead for most pe(+) coff
targets IIUC. I came to this, while adding proper value for mingw of
the IAT directory. There are some comments, that there are pending
patches for this.
Maybe somebody know which patches these are, and if there is still a
developer pushing them?
The issue is that those idata$<n> sections aren't necessarily in a
writable section. E.g. on WM 61 OS expects that IAT (idata$5) is
placed within the .data section and the rest is put into the .rdata
section.

Thanks in advance,
Kai