PPC questions

Two (technically unrelated, but they came up in the same context) questions:

1) The recent Power7 commit adds support for new instructions utilizing
new registers. While the disassembler shows them as vs{0-63}, using
register names in the assembler isn't possible (i.e. one has to use plain
numbers). Is this simply an oversight, for which a patch would be accepted,
or is there a reason? (Btw., I always found it quite confusing that the
assembler doesn't really care what register kind gets used with instructions,
as they are all just getting converted to numbers, but I assume that has
some [perhaps historical] reason.)

2) While the assembler (by default) requires % to precede register names,
the disassembler doesn't produce similar output - there's not even a switch
to make it do. Is that intentional?

Thanks, Jan