Re: Weak functions not overridden if overriding file contains only overrides of weak functions

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 01:00:09PM +1100, Graeme Russ wrote:
> I have heard this is intended behaviour - Is this so? If so, is there an
> option which will force ld to override this behaviour?

You didn't say, but presumably you are using archive libraries.  Yes,
object files are only extracted from an archive if they satisfy an
undefined symbol.  This is the way archives work and there is no way
to override it short of including the whole archive with
--whole-archive.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM