Re: [RFA] do not try large-files support by default on 32bit sparc-solaris

    Joel> configure gets a pretty clear error message that comes from this:
    Joel>
    Joel>  #if !defined(_LP64) && _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64
    Joel>  #error  "Cannot use procfs in the large file compilation environment"
    Joel>  #endif
    Joel>
    Joel> And so bfd thinks that sys/procfs is not available, which in turn
    Joel> causes elf.c to *not* provide elfcore_write_prpsinfo and
    Joel> elfcore_write_prstatus.  GDB depends on these routines and thus
    Joel> fails to link due to their absence.
    Joel>
    Joel> The proposed patch deactivates support for large-files on 32bit
    Joel> sparc-solaris, unless the user explicitly requested it through
    Joel> --enable-largefile.
    Joel>
    Joel> Tested on sparc32-solaris and sparc64-solaris, with and without
    Joel> --enable-largefile. GDB now builds again unless --enable-largefile
    Joel> is specified.

I don't see any difference, still the same error when linking.
Unfortunately I'm not really familiar with configure scripts.
Not sure what your exact intention was for with this patch.
Was the idea to determine _FILE_OFFSET_BITS?
It looks to me as if _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is still 64 and this will cause
the test for prpsinfo to fail.

Besides I still think that elf.c should provide these 2 functions
either always or procfs.c should use the same defines as elf.c

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent               |
|  Email:             kzeitler@alcatel-lucent.com  |
---
About the time we think we can make ends meet,
somebody moves the ends      -- Herbert Hoover