This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: extra symtab entries in thumb mode
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mikko Rapeli <mikko dot rapeli at teleca dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:48:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: extra symtab entries in thumb mode
- References: <20081015085943.GD16102@fitfioullt278>
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:59:43AM +0300, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> A view at the symtab symbol table shows that in thumb mode it contains
> a few thousand more functions beginning with leading underscores and
> around seven thousand of NOTYPE's named $a, $d and $t. Starting from
> thumb mode entry 12233 the names are equal to ARM mode entries starting
> from 122.
> Any ideas for fixing this are appreciated.
These are features. If you're concerned about on-disk file size of
the libraries, you can strip them; they do not take up memory space.
The $a/$d/$t symbols mark locations of ARM mode, data, and Thumb mode;
the other symbols are probably markers on the PLT or on ARM mode