Re: RFC: Sort input section by list

Hi H.J.

A generic method which will work with currently installed versions of gcc
and the linker on most linux boxes...
...versus a new, untested feature in the linker, in a version of the linker
that has not even been released yet.

All linker features were new, untested at one time. It shouldn't be
the reason not to implement/experiment them.

True - but I am trying to avoid feature bloat here. I do not want to add a new feature to solve a problem that can already be solved using existing methods.