Re: eh_frame_hdr warning

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 02:33:34PM +0100, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> Alan,
> you added a warning to elf-eh-frame.c
> (http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2007-04/msg00320.html).
>
> I'm adding dwarf eh handing to vxworks, and I'm running into this for rtp
> shared objects.  Such objects are very uclinux-like, in that the delta
> between text and data segments is not fixed at link time.  So we can't
> generate a relative .eh_frame and therefore can't generate a
> .eh_frame_hdr.

Does that follow?  Compare with FDPIC targets, which also have
non-fixed segment displacements.  They seem to generate .eh_frame_hdr
just fine, or at least they don't trigger the warning.

Although the oldish FRV toolchain I have on hand to compare with
actually triggers the warning with newer linkers... maybe that means
GCC is using the wrong FDE encoding?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery