This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: sparc gold support...
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: iant at google dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:33:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: sparc gold support...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: David Miller <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:16:45 -0700 (PDT)
> Basically, if you have a mix of EM_SPARC and EM_SPARC32PLUS objects,
> it should link successfully and the resulting object is marked as
> EM_SPARC32PLUS. Every GNU/Linux sparc system is going to run into
> this because:
> /usr/lib/crt1.o is EM_SPARC
> /usr/lib/crti.o is EM_SPARC32PLUS
> So linking anything requires allowing this kind of mixing situation.
> I tried to synthesize this with different target selector
> instantiations, but couldn't get it to work such that the object.cc
> compatibility test would pass. :-(
Nevermind, I just saw the "EM_NONE" facility the target
selector has for situations like this :-)