This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can I force `ld' to treat some special warnings as erros?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: PRC <panruochen at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:32:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: Can I force `ld' to treat some special warnings as erros?
- References: <email@example.com>
Can I force `ld' to treat some special warnings as erros,
> i.e. there is no entry point for the image, and still treat other
warnings as warnings?
Sorry no. You can force all warnings to be treated as errors with the
--fatal-warnings command line switch, but I suspect that this is not
what you want.
You could try writing a script (or makefile rule) that greps through the
linker's output after the link is completed and generates some kind of
error result if one of the undesired warning messages is detected.