This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH COMMITTED: Define NT_GNU_GOLD_VERSION
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:39:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH COMMITTED: Define NT_GNU_GOLD_VERSION
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 09:58:23PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Gold emits a note holding the version of gold which was used to create
> the binary. This has proved useful for identifying and fixing bugs.
> It is similar to the .comment section created by gcc, except that it
> follows the note format defined by the ELF ABI.
Does that note end up allocated? I don't remember if there's support
for mixing allocated and non-allocated notes.