This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gold comments
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:47:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: gold comments
- References: <email@example.com>
Jim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> There is a mixture of GPLv2 and GPLv3 copyrights in the code. The
> elfcpp/*.h header files are all GPLv2, the gold/x86_64.cc source file is
> GPLv2, and the rest are GPLv3. All should be GPLv3.
I followed what I thought was the current binutils practice for header
files. E.g., include/elf/common.h is GPLv2. My general understanding
is that we're waiting for the FSF to sign off on an appropriate
runtime exception for the GPLv3.
> In gold/README, "which still" should be "while still".
Thanks, I'll fix that. Actually the README obviously needs a lot of