This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: a few minor gold notes
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:04:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: a few minor gold notes
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Ian> I'll take a look. When did gcc start passing --build-id?
I hacked in a simple boolean option for --build-id.
This isn't right, since --build-id takes an optional argument (ugh),
but apparently the F8 gcc doesn't pass an argument.
This got me to the next problem, which is that config.guess looks at
ld --help output:
ld_supported_targets=`cd /; LC_ALL=C ld --help 2>&1 \
| sed -ne '/supported targets:/!d
s/[ ][ ]*/ /g
s/.*supported targets: *//
... and decides that my platform must be i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld.
I suppose it would be better to fix config.guess, though simpler to
just print config.guess is looking for.