This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: PATCH: Avoid reading debug symbols
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:00:22 +1030
- Subject: Re: RFC: PATCH: Avoid reading debug symbols
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:36:41PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Does this patch make senses?
Why don't you tell us? Presumably the benefit is reduced memory usage
and/or faster symbol processing. Show the numbers..
Australia Development Lab, IBM