This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines
- From: Kai Tietz <Kai dot Tietz at onevision dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:11:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines
Nick Clifton <email@example.com> wrote on 17.03.2008 15:59:50:
> Hi Guys,
> >>>> I'm not sure what fields those bytes represent
> >>> These are timestamps
> > For each resource entry the timestamps are set.
> So what we really need is a resource decoder that can take a binary
> resource file and display its contents in an easy to read textual
> format. (In much the same way as readelf does with ELF files). Then
> you can grep through the textual output. It seems a bit much to have to
> write such a tool just for a binutils test though. I don't suppose such
> a tool has already been written has it ?
Couldn't we simply use windres output to .rc for this? It dumps content in
an easy textual way.
| (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
| (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
| (")_(") world domination.