This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Kai Tietz <Kai dot Tietz at onevision dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 06:12:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines
- References: <OFE2FDC5EC.29EE8BB6-ONC125740F.004653F3-C125740F.00468C05@onevision.de>
- Reply-to: binutils at sourceware dot org
Kai Tietz wrote:
> > I'm not sure what fields those bytes represent, and whether they matter
> > or are just coincidental uninitialized foo. I suppose the test could
> > ignore the first 0x40 bytes of the section if that makes the results
> > stable.
> These are timestamps, so this variant won't work.
That would explain it. But similarly to how the gcc bootstrap uses cmp
--ignore-initial=16, could the testcase not just ignore the first 0x40
bytes of the section when comparing? Or are the timestamps in other