This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 13:15:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: windres regression with control strings spanning multiple lines
- References: <47DBFCD8.9759A617@dessent.net>
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 09:44:08AM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>There is a regression in the current binutils windres when trying to
>parse a control whose string spans multiple lines. A simple testcase
>0 DIALOG 0,0,0,0
> LTEXT "This is a "
> "continued line",0,0,0,0,0
>This is accepted by (2.17.50 20060817) but current CVS does not:
>$ i686-pc-mingw32-windres tc.rc
>i686-pc-mingw32-windres: tc.rc:4: syntax error
>The Microsoft RC.EXE does not accept this syntax either, for what it's
>worth, but the old windres did and it's really handy. There was a fix
>in this area last year
>that seems to have omitted controls.
>The attached patch seems to fix the issue for me, allowing both the
>testcase and a real app to build successfully.
>2008-03-15 Brian Dessent <email@example.com>
> * rcparse.y (resid): Allow control text to span multiple lines.
Looks good to me. Please check in, Brian.