This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Re: What causes the 'BFD: Dwart Error:' ?
- From: "PRC" <panruochen at gmail dot com>
- To: "Jim Wilson" <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- Cc: "binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:30:59 +0800
- Subject: Re: Re: What causes the 'BFD: Dwart Error:' ?
- References: <email@example.com>, <47D766A8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
This error occurs only if the link flags contain `-r'.
Something must be different between linking relocatable objects
and linking non-relocatable objects.
>I think bfd is getting confused, trying to append data to the should-
>be-empty bss section, and accidentally overwriting the debugging info.
>This data is all zeros. Leading zeros in the debug info will be
>ignored, until it gets to non-zero info, which will then fail to parse
>giving various curious error messages.