This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RUNPATH truncated at some point during loading of shared object
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:52:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: RUNPATH truncated at some point during loading of shared object
- References: <47D453CB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 05:16:59PM -0400, Poor Yorick wrote:
> ldd shows that a certain shared object on my system can not find one
> of its dependencies. The output of LD_DEBUG=libs shows that RUNPATH
> initially contains four colon-separated paths, but after finding the
> first four dependencies, RUNPATH suddenly contains only the first
> two of its original four paths. Could anyone please explain why the
> value of RUNPATH might be changing while loading is in progress?
This is the difference between RPATH and RUNPATH. RUNPATH only
affects searches requested by the object containing the tag.