This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Patch for new DW_OP
- From: "Tambay, Pallavi" <Pallavi dot Tambay at amd dot com>
- To: "Nick Clifton" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Meissner, Michael" <michael dot meissner at amd dot com>, "rajagopal, dwarak" <dwarak dot rajagopal at amd dot com>, <steven dot nakamoto at pgroup dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:11:40 -0600
- Subject: RE: Patch for new DW_OP
- References: <9BCA02B0979C2A429C5965B8AE292698020ECBA6@SAUSEXMB2.amd.com> <47CBD113.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for applying the patch.
PGI does not plan to submit this extension to the DWARF committee
the function of the DW_OP_PGI_omp_thread_num operation is
implementation-defined, i.e, it is dependent on the PGI implementation
From: Nick Clifton [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 2:21 AM
To: Tambay, Pallavi
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Meissner, Michael; rajagopal, dwarak;
Subject: Re: Patch for new DW_OP
> This patch adds the following dwarf operation as a PGI
> (STMicroelectronics) extension.
As a matter of interest have PGI submitted this extension to the DWARF
committee for consideration ?
> 2008-02-29 Pallavi Tambay <email@example.com>
> * dwarf2.h: (enum dwarf_location_atom): Add new DW_OP,
Approved and applied.
I also applied the attached patch to allow objdump and readelf to decode
2008-03-03 Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* dwarf.c (decode_location_expression): Handle