This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bug: Core dump in elf32-arm.c:3858:bfd_elf32_arm_vfp11_fix_veneer_locations arm-elf-ld 2.18
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:46:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: Bug: Core dump in elf32-arm.c:3858:bfd_elf32_arm_vfp11_fix_veneer_locations arm-elf-ld 2.18
- References: <email@example.com> <47C6F55A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <47C81948.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
understand that a non-ARM object file with a text section is rather
nonsensical, but it seems to me that the linker should be able to deal
with a non-ARM object file if it only contains a data section, as is
the case with the output of objcopy -Ibinary -Oelf. Are you arguing
that the above shouldn't work,
No, in theory it should work.
or that it doesn't work at the moment due to technical limitations?
Correct. (Please feel free to submit a patch to remove these technical
limitations if you so wish. Although it will be quite a lot of work :-)