This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] PowerPC ISA 2.04 support
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Edmar Wienskoski <edmar at freescale dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:46:19 +1030
- Subject: Re: [RFA] PowerPC ISA 2.04 support
- References: <47C5C70D.email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 02:24:45PM -0600, Edmar Wienskoski wrote:
> Freescale would like to contribute this patch to binutils. It implements
> new instructions that are available on Power ISA 2.04
> Could some PowerPC maintainer review and commit the patch ?
With the exception of -maltivec and -mspe, other -m options that
select instruction sets always select the entire instruction set. It
seems odd to me that -misa204 should be different in this respect.
Even -maltivec and -mspe select a base set if no other -m<cpu> is
given. As a naive user, I'd expect -misa204 would select all ISA 2.04
instructions.. I guess I'd be happier if you called the option
> + 18: 7d 4b 60 3a maskg r11,r10,r12
My copy is 2.04 says maskg is an instruction deleted from that version
of the ISA.
Australia Development Lab, IBM