Re: Is anyone testing for a (cross-) target (board) with dynlinking?

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> My copy of the man page defers to -rpath-link for a description of
> how -rpath is used at link time;

Mine too, cvs 1.206 of ld.texinfo to be exact.

> I suspect it's just unclear.

Heh, indeed, if it's not supposed to be used at all.

> LD searches rpath if USE_LIBPATH.  That is set for native and
> sysrooted toolchains only.  Search for command_line.rpath in
> emultempl/elf32.em.
>
> I don't know how you have a linker that does otherwise, but
> I'd be curious to learn how.

Aha...  Digging further, reveals I used, with gcc, the options
 -Wl,-rpath /the/path
where I should have used
 -Wl,-rpath,/the/path

Doh!