Re: PR5692

Hi Alan,

I believe this is a better fix for PR5692.  It isn't valid to use
get_elf_backend_data on non-ELF input BFDs, and testing for NULL won't
catch other targets that happen to use their backend_data field.

Fair enough. Although I see nothing wrong with checking for a NULL return from get_elf_backend_data(), just in case a future programming bug creates an ELF target with a null backend data structure.

Please note the FIXME I added to elf32-arm.c!
elf32-ppc.c:is_ppc_elf_target is one solution, but I'll leave that to
the ARM maintainers.

OK, I'll have a look at this.