Re: Support of OpenVMS

On Jan 31, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:

The important point from a GNU point of view is that it should be possible to build the binutils with as little reliance on proprietary tools as can be achieved. Since it sounds like both methods have VMS dependencies, I would say go with the simpler method - ie the VMS specific build scripts.

Thanks for the GNU pov.

Doug Rupp (the author of most of this work) told me that in any case configure is necessary for cross-building.
Very strong point!