Re: portable method to add a new output section?

On 02/01/08 10:44:35, Nick Clifton wrote:

> Have you tried just adding this partial script to the linker command line ?
>  If the linker sees a file specified on the command line in a format that
> it does not recognise it assumes that it is a linker script and it uses
> this script to augment the current linker script.

Nick, thanks.  I was going to try that, but the manual,
http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/manual/ld-2.9.1/html_mono/ld.html#SEC17
says "You may use at most one SECTIONS command in a script file ...".

I just tried adding a text file to the link line with the
following contents:

SECTIONS {
  .upc_shared 0x10000 (NOLOAD) : { *(upc_shared) }
  }

And it seemed to work as expected, still procesing the default
linker spec. as well.   The only small glitch is that this special
section came first in the file, where I was hoping it might
be placed just after the .data section (for no particular
technical reason) which is where the other named sections appear.