This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: better error messages
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:55:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: better error messages
- References: <46AA13C0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
This patch adds a new bfd_nonfatal_message function, which produces more
informative messages naming the bfd and the section, where applicable.
I agree with Andreas's comment that the new function needs to have a comment
header describing its inputs. In addition why did you remove the
RETURN_NONFATAL macro ? It would be cleaner to leave in place and just change
its argument to be the bfd.
> preference to bfd_nonfatal (which should be deprecated, IMHO).
I don't agree. I think that there is a place for the bfd_nonfatal function,
for situations where a bfd is not available or not applicable.