Re: SPU overlay example?

Hi Alan,

By the look of the section layout, you just linked with the above as your entire link script, didn't you?
I did have an adapted script, and just added those bits.

However, I was trying to run the executable directly (with the help of the binfmt_misc kernel module) and that apparently is different from issuing my own SPE calls in a my own PPE loader program. I noticed that the _EAR_ wasn't initialized, and guessed that it wasn't setting up the PPE memory in the needed way. It runs now with that overlay scheme, and I'm surprised by how fast the overlays are. Around a factor of 4 worst case vs. no overlays.

Many thanks for your help!