Re: PATCH: Support LD_SYMBOLIC and LD_SYMBOLIC_FUNCTIONS

Hi H.J.

but changes behavior of the program or library being linked.
An environment variable for this is IMHO a terribly bad idea.

It isn't perfect. But it alllows me to rebuild more than 60 most used rpms in FC6 without changing single line of code and significantly reduce number of PLT relocations in DSOs without any ill effects.

Let's agree to disagree. You will put the environment variable into your releases of the binutils, but we will leave it out of ours.