This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch][new port] Toshiba Media Processor (MeP)
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Dave Brolley <brolley at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:09:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch][new port] Toshiba Media Processor (MeP)
- References: <45ABED6E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Attached is a patch for existing files, the contents of new files and
Seeking approval to commit.
I have some issues with this patch:
* mep.binutils.ChangeLog: Surely we do not need the entire set of Red
Hat local ChangeLog entries for this port. A single entry specifying
which new files have been added and which generic files have been
modified would be better.
* The MeP files in the opcodes directory are missing, as are the GAS and
LD mep specific testsuite directories.
* The file mep-relocs.pl is only copyright'ed to Red Hat, there is no
assignment of the copyright to the FSF.
* You do not mention it, but I assume that there is a patch to the top
level config.sub file that is being submitted to the config project to
add support for the mep target ?
* The patch does appear to have a dependency upon the complex relocs
patch that you also submitted - the function mep_info_to_howto_rela() in
bfd/elf32-mep.c uses it.