This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Prevent overflow for large MIPS binaries with TLS
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: richard at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:20:45 -0500
- Subject: Prevent overflow for large MIPS binaries with TLS
A customer gave us a testcase today where the total number of GOT entries in
the primary GOT ended up being:
What this works out to is that if you add the GOT entries for global
symbols, TLS symbols, and local symbols (ignoring entries for
R_MIPS_GOT_PAGE), then you've got enough room. But we overallocate for page
relocations because we can't easily predict how many will end up needed.
I tracked this down to the one place where we ignore the number of
potential local pages, yielding the attached (fairly obvious) patch.
OK? Anyone want to double-check my logic on that?
2006-10-31 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
* elfxx-mips.c (mips_elf_merge_gots): Always use maxcnt.
RCS file: /scratch/gcc/repos/src/src/bfd/elfxx-mips.c,v
retrieving revision 1.189
diff -u -p -r1.189 elfxx-mips.c
--- bfd/elfxx-mips.c 20 Oct 2006 07:59:44 -0000 1.189
+++ bfd/elfxx-mips.c 31 Oct 2006 23:12:22 -0000
@@ -3105,8 +3105,7 @@ mips_elf_merge_gots (void **bfd2got_, vo
if (tcount > 0)
unsigned int primary_total = lcount + tcount + arg->global_count;
- if (primary_total * MIPS_ELF_GOT_SIZE (bfd2got->bfd)
- >= MIPS_ELF_GOT_MAX_SIZE (arg->info))
+ if (primary_total > maxcnt)
too_many_for_tls = TRUE;