This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Automatically mark Thumb functions.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:49:02 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] Automatically mark Thumb functions.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The attached patch makes gas mark ELF function symbols as being Thumb symbols
based on the current mode, rather than relying on .thumb_func directives.
Does this mean that in EABI mode the .thumb_func directive is ignored ?
If so then it really ought to be documented as such (not just as not
being needed, but as being ignored) and the directive probably ought to
generate a warning message as well.