This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au (Alan Modra)
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:32:00 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: elfcore_write_note
Alan Modra wrote:
> This makes elfcore_write_note agree with elfcore_read_notes regarding
> the alignment of note fields. We don't comply with the current draft
> gabi, see http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2003-09/msg00300.html, and
> the pad was wrong anyway.
> * elf.c (elfcore_write_note): Pad to 4-byte boundary.
Thanks for fixing this! B.t.w. the 'bed' variable is now unused ...
Should we also pad the note content to 4 byte, or should we rely on the
caller to only call elfcore_write_note with a multiple of 4 as size?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux on zSeries Development