This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: --divide semantics for PREFIX_SEPARATOR
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: John Levon <levon at movementarian dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:02:39 +0930
- Subject: Re: --divide semantics for PREFIX_SEPARATOR
- References: <20061017160620.GA13684@totally.trollied.org>
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 05:06:20PM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> PREFIX_SEPARATOR remains as '\\' even if --divide is specified. Since
> the intention of this option is generally to allow Linux etc. assembly
> to assemble on SVR4 targets, it seems like the option should allow both
> '\\' and '/' to be valid PREFIX_SEPARATOR values. Comments?
Reasonable. I'll accept a patch to do that. I think you could make
\ and / valid prefix separators in all cases.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre